These are absolutely the coolest looking guitars ever. Made by Semie Mosely-owner of Mosrite(same guitar Johnny Ramone played) and hand painted by latter-day pop icon Van Dutch. Selling on E-Bay. If you even buy 1 for me, I’ll be your best friend in the Ed Grimley-way.
September 8, 2006
August 10, 2006
I just read this aricle in the NY Times which indicates that there are several groups of young mainland Chinese techies, that are transklating American TV shows into Chinese for free download off of BitTorrent. What is cool about this is it is enableing some valid cultural information and ideas to get into the hands of chinese people, and provide them with more food for thoguht. I’m not advocating american ideas necessarily “good” or Chinese ideas necessarily “bad” jut that it’s good when more information flows into China which has been historically “censored.” Here is link to article
July 30, 2006
Submitted by my Uncle Morton who’s a smart guy and figured out how to live past 70 enjoy life and stay healthy:
1) When I die, I want to die like my grandfather–who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.”
2) Advice for the day: If you have a lot of tension and you get a headache, do what it says on the aspirin bottle: “Take two aspirin” and “Keep away from children.”
3) “Oh, you hate your job? Why didn’t you say so?
There’s a support group for that. It’s called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar.”
4) “The problem with the designated driver program, it’s not a desirable job, but if you ever get sucked into doing it, have fun with it. At the end of the night, drop them off at the wrong house.”
5) “If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant’s life, she will choose to save the infant’s life without even considering if there is a man on base.”
6) “Relationships are hard. It’s like a full time job, and we should treat it like one. If your boyfriend or girlfriend wants to leave you, they should give you two weeks’ notice. There should be severance pay, the day before they leave you, they should have to find you a temp.”
7) “My Mom said she learned how to swim when someone took her out in the lake and threw her off the boat. I said, ‘Mom, they weren’t trying to teach you how to swim.'”
8) “A study in the Washington Post says that women have better verb al skills than men. I just want to say to the authors of that study: “Duh.”
9) “Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I’m halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh my God…. I could be eating a slow learner.”
10) “I think that’s how Chicago got started. Bunch of people in New York said, ‘Gee, I’m enjoying the crime and the poverty, but it just isn’t cold enough. Let’s go west..'”
11) “If life were fair, Elvis would be alive and all the impersonators would be dead.”
12) “Sometimes I think war is God’s way of teaching us geography.”
13) “My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned sixty and that’s the law.”
14) “Remember in elementary school, you were told that in case of fire you have to line up quietly in a single file line from smallest to tallest. What is the logic in that?
What, do tall people burn slower?”
15) “Bigamy is having one wife/husband too many. Monogamy is the same.”
16) “Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself.”
17) “Our bombs are smarter than the average high school student. At least they can find Afghanistan.”
–A. Whitney Brown
18) “You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says,
‘You’re right! I never would’ve thought of that!'”
19) Do you know why they call it “PMS”? Because “Mad Cow Disease” was taken.
–Unknown, presumed deceased
20) “Everybody’s got to believe in something. I believe I”ll have another beer.”
– W. C. Fields
July 28, 2006
Absoultely gorgeous summer day today. Nicest weather we’ve had in weeks amidst the typhoon season. we had 2 typhoons come through here. The last one was predicted to hit big and fortunately was a big dud.
May 15, 2006
I've been dealing with an achey hand for 3 days. On my way to the doctor's, I spotted this just down the street from my office. My very own Engrish spotting on a red car no less. Double mojo. "The red car will drive to studing arts and paints reason." I couldn't of come up with that one even if I wanted to. I love Taiwan for so many reasons. This is just one.
May 8, 2006
How about this snazzy cell phone with 1.3 million pixel camera, mp3 formatting, and compatabiliy with ScanDisk memory card. Best of all it's in Australia and Brazilian national team colors. You can be the hit of the football pitch with this phone-just in time for World Cup this summer. All yours for only US$400
How much is that doggie in the push bag? What'll they think of next? Why bother to actually walk the dog when you have this handy-dandy wheeled pooch-pod? All for only US$30.
Hi everybody-it’s the friendly self-promotion machine. Just wanted to let you know that the EWF is now available for download over at PodioBooks.com. Thanks to Chris and Tee for instructions and technical hand holding and to Evo for coming up with the idea in the first place. Subscribe and let me know what you think. Make sure to check out all the other great stuff over at PB.com. You’ll be glad you did.
I can't tell you how many times I've spoken with overeas friends or family member and they say, "wow-I just love Taiwanese food, so spicy, and you have such pretty beaches there…" It's at that point when I know they mean Thailand and not Taiwan. No, Taiwanese food is not spicy actually kind of bland but healthy. The beaches here are unexceptional due to lack of development mandated by the government's paranoia over the mainland Chinese attacking, hence many of the beaches host military posts.
There is a legacy of confusing names & titles for this place. When I was studying about China and Taiwan in school it seemed a daunting task to bring clarity to these different names, a task akin to seperating the the many strands of spaghetti that form one bowl of the noodles. Here we go: Formosa, Taiwan, Free China, Republic of China (R.O.C.), Chinese-Taipei. Th flip side of this coin is the many names for China as well: Red China, People's Republc of China(PRC), Communist China, Mainland China, etc. This can easily lead to some perplexed head scratching and wondering, "How many China's are there?"
To be continued
May 4, 2006
Once you've done tidying the house with your lovely little robot vacuum cleaner, you might be tempted to nod off for a little bit. Fear not-this lovely nod-off alarm device will set you straight. We only want high-production slackers here. Wouldn't this be a great gift item for college students to use in "organic chemistry" and other tediously boring classes. Better still devise a gadget that shoots a stream of warm water on your wrist or ankle, causing you to… ah I think you know the rest.